Cheese of the month
The Basic Principles
ID is determined to protect your privacy. It is very important to us that you should be able to use and enjoy the Website without having to compromise your privacy unacceptably.
Knowing something about our users is, however, necessary to ensure that our service is continually improved. We need to build an accurate picture of the needs and requirements of our users, and to be able to communicate with you. That enables us to offer a service that is relevant and truly interactive, which is what our users expect. It also helps us to maintain free-to-user access to the Website.
We answer your important questions
"What information do you collect about me?"
- We automatically collect some data about our users' browsing actions and patterns. This is aggregate data and does not identify any individual.
- We may also ask you to provide personal information on a voluntary basis in order to get a clearer picture of our users. It is then entirely up to you whether you are happy to give us this information.
- In the course of entering competitions, promotions and other online offers you will be asked to give some details about yourself. You may also choose to e–mail us or make contact with us in other ways. Such contact gives us information about you.
- If you have any financial dealings or make purchases with our trading partners on co–branded sites, they will ask for certain information. This information may be shared with us.
"For what purposes do you collect and use this information?"
- We use aggregate audience details (where no individual is identifiable) to help us improve our understanding of our users and their preferences. We use it to assist us in arranging relevant advertising, commercial opportunities and competitions, as well as ensuring the best editorial coverage. It also helps us develop the Website and audit its use.
- The information about you as an identifiable individual, including contact details, may be used in the following ways:
- To conduct market research and other surveys.
- To create and draw to your attention editorial material and commercial opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- To be shared with advertisers, trading partners and other commercial entities with whom we have or might have an association. We may also share the information that they obtain about their users, which may include you.
International Transfer of Personal Data
Is you will know, the Internet does not recognise national boundaries. Services on the net are accessible globally so collection and transmission of personal data is not always confined to one country. You should be aware that by using the Website and those of our partners or any site we link through to, your personal data may be processed in or transferred to other countries, the USA for example, and you agree to your personal data being transferred or processed in this way.